Loving Life and My Hair

Thursday, February 16, 2006

This is something new for me....


I have been reading everyone else's blog and I was interested in started one so here I am.. I have really been mostly reading about ladies with natural hair and the Sisterlocks. I have locks also but they are not Sisterlocks, I guess they will be considered to be traditional locks.. I started them myself about 3 years ago now. I was just tired of the perms and I was also tired of the curling iron and getting up each morning trying to fix my hair. My youngest sister was just graduating from college and she had been going natural for about 2 years. I really like her styles and her afro. I said I can do that and so I started in June of 2000 letting my hair go natural and not put another perm on it.. I was going like that for about 3 months, then in September 2000 for my birthday I just cut my hair and started wearing a short afro. I just loved it , it was so easy to just comb through it and go. My hair started growing and my afro was so big, I started twisting my hair in the twist style.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Hello Cee! Welcome to blogging!

    I am looking forward to following your blog. You & your locks are stunning. More pics please!!

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Maryee said…

    Hey Cee,

    Come on into the lock exchange. You don't have to have Sisterlocks to be a part of the exchange. I'd love to have ya!! Besides, you're too close (Marlin) to not join in. I'm from Waco. :-)

    Maryee

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Detra said…

    That is so great that you decided to grow them on your own. My mother did that as well and they are just as pretty as yours! You can see pics of her's on my blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home