Loving Life and My Hair

Monday, March 27, 2006


Birds of a Feather

This is a pic of a lady and myself that was taken at our Delta Sigma Theta Founder's Day Celebration that was held in Killeen, Texas on February 25, 2006. Whenever I go somewhere I always look around for other ladies who have come over to the natural side and talk to them about their journey and take a picture if I can. I thought this lady's hair was so nice, just beautiful not only was it natural... also has the beautiful grey (diamonds) hair as stated by another locked sister. We talked and she told me how she simply loved her hair now. She has the twists, has not decided to lock as of yet she is just enjoying not having to deal with the creamy crack (relaxer) any longer. She did make a comment to me that I will not forget and I understand completely. She said "I will never go back to the perm", several people are always asking me what I will do with my hair when I no longer want the locks and I said I will want them forever. I don't see any other alternative for me, because I know I do not want to go back to the perm either and I am just too happy being nappy and free..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home